(Button created by Lindsi from Books, Sweets And Other Treats )
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Stop by and join the fun!
Top Ten Books I Just HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf
1. Across the Universe by Beth Revis. I had to have this book as soon as it came out, yet since I bought it I have had so many other commitments that I haven't gotten the chance to read it.
2. Shipbreaker by Paolo Bacigalupi. Everytime I pick this one up to read it something seems to happen to keep me from reading it.
3. The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima. I loved the first book in this series, The Demon King and I am dying to find out what happens next. Problem is, just can't seem to get around to reading this book.
4. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I have been curious about this book for a long time. The teens at my library seem to love it, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet.
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. This one is probably going to get me a lot of boos and hisses, but I haven't read this book yet. Everyone tells me how wonderful this series is, but for some reason I can't fathom I don't have the motivation to start it. So the book continues to sit on my shelf and collect dust.
6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I actually did start this one and am about 50 pages in. Problem is...that was months ago. It isn't that I am not enjoying the book--I loved what I have read so far, but like so many of the others, other things have come up and I just haven't gotten back to it.
7. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Braken. I have been wanting to read this book for a long time. I keep hearing how great it is and I don't want to miss it, but yet it still collects dust on my shelf.
8. Firelight by Sophie Jordan. This is a more recent addition to my shelf, but I can see it getting buried there like these others. It really sounds intriguing and seems like a book I would love to read--just haven't gotten there yet.
9. Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley. One of my coworkers read this book and loved it. What was so surprising though, is that this particular coworker isn't a fan of teen fiction, so when she put it out as one of her favorite reads of the year, I had to buy it. Buy it I did, and now it sits, sadly on my shelf of unread books.
10. Deception by Lee Nichols. This book looked good and interesting--just haven't brought myself around to reading it yet. One more book collecting dust.
So those are my guilty admissions! How about yours? What books have you had sitting around on shelves that you haven't read yet?
If you could pick one of my ten books to make me read what would it be?