1. By finally returning to her art, Echo is working through her issues and taking control of her life. While she’s not ever going to return to her previous “normal”, she uses her art as a way to work her way to a place where she’s more comfortable with herself. How do you deal with the issues and stresses of your life?
I am a traditional escapist. When my life has issues and stress I try to find comfort and sanity in the pages of a book. Sometimes, when I am really troubled I go to my "comfort reads" usually books by Tamora Pierce. If I am so stressed that even books don't help, or I can't focus on books, I pull out the X Box 360 and start playing some Resident Evil--shooting zombies usually makes me feel a little better.
2. Once Noah gives his brothers and their soon-to-be adoptive parents a happy ending, he decides to get his own by winning Echo back. Why does he think stealing her file is the best way to do it? Any other (better) suggestions for the poor boy?
I think he could have simply tried talking to Echo, rather than breaking the law to steal her file. I think by that point they were both ready to talk and they could have worked it out. Still, his method kept me on the edge of my seat as I was reading, hoping and praying he didn't get caught.
3. Echo finally uncovers the terrible truth of what her mother did to her. Now that we know the truth, do you think Echo’s father did the right thing by covering up the incident and keeping it from her? How do you think he should have handled it?
I know he tried to hide it from her to protect her, but I think the truth is so much more liberating for both of them. They could have prevented so much anger and resentment had they been honest with each other, and it might have helped her recovery too.
4. Mrs. Collins plays an integral role in helping Echo and Noah find a new normal and happiness in their lives. Tell us about someone in your life who helped you, someone who changed your life, was there for you, or offered help/comfort when you most needed it (or when you didn’t know you needed it).
I have been blessed with both a wonderful husband and a wonderful family. My family has helped me shape my life in so many ways. No matter how bad the situation, they were there holding my hand and helping me through the whole thing--especially my mother and my husband.
5. Another major truth is revealed when Echo’s father finally opens up to his daughter and tells her about her mother and how his relationship with Ashley evolved. Knowing this, how do you feel about Ashley now? And what did you think when you learned the name of the baby?
I kept wishing her father had told her the truth sooner. Ashley isn't the opportunist that Echo made her out to be, but someone who could be the mother that Echo needed when her own mother wasn't there. I loved the name of the baby--it tied the past and the future together.
6. Echo and Noah ride off into the sunset together. *happy sigh* If you had the chance, who would you ride off with and where would you go?
I know this is going to sound corny, but I would ride off into the sunset with my husband because he makes me happy, and I know he loves me no matter what.